Your to-do list’s a mile long, papers are stacked to the ceiling, dozens of unattended voicemail messages and emails await you, and you don’t want to do any of it. We’ve all been there. There are a lot of things to manage when owning your own business and sometimes, you are a bit...over it! Here are 4 ways to get motivation super fast.
Make It Manageable & Attainable
Many times the reason we aren’t getting stuff done is we are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things that need to be done and have no idea where to start. When you find yourself in that situation, try this:
- Create a list of everything that needs to be done. That way it’s not swimming around in your head anymore.
- Take a look at the list and start marking the ones that absolutely have to be done today. This is crucial—“absolutely has to be done today” means it cannot wait until another day. You likely will only have a few of those.
- Take a look at those items and see if any of them have multiple steps involved. If they do, break them down into each step necessary to get them done.
- Then prioritize your today-only items and get started on the first step.
- If you finish all your today items and have more time, go back through your remaining list and repeat the same steps.
This whole process of marking and breaking things down shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes.
Get Intense Motivation
This is my recent go-to for instant motivation because this kid is downright cute and well, she’s right. How this 3-year-old girl knows the truths to life is beyond me but her motivational speech really does work!
If 3-year-old girls aren’t motivating for you, maybe Shia LaBeouf will do the trick.
Change Your Perspective
Sometimes changing your perspective for 20-30 minutes is all that’s needed to get you back on track. Try some of these go-to’s:
- Set your alarm for 20-30 minutes and take a siesta.
- Sip a refreshing drink on your patio and let your brain decompress with no thoughts about business.
- Take a walk around the block or do a quick yoga session to get the blood and good-feeling endorphins flowing.
- Have a play session with the pets.
- Take care of a chore around the house that needs to get done.
- Call a friend or family member for a quick chat.
Got a special someone that you admire. Maybe it’s Tony Robbins, Oprah or Marie Forleo. Google their name + inspirational speech and watch a video of theirs. There’s no way you won’t end up with the little push you needed to get moving again.
Now it’s your turn. What do you do to get motivation immediately when you need it? Any of these work for you? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Thanks for reading and be well!
Hi, I'm Tiffany! I'm a business coach and consultant who believes businesses with soul is the way to go. That's why I've made it my mission to help entrepreneurs live out their business purpose and grow their ideas into profits. Meet other like-minded entrepreneurs now in the Dreamer & Creator online community.